Microsoft Dynamics 365 has created a lot of buzz since its launch. There are certain quarries related to the business solution. Here we will answer a few questions to enlighten those wish to know more about the product line,
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a product line that consists of CRM (customer relationship management) and ERP (enterprise resource planning) solutions. Previously, Microsoft Dynamics served its clients with business solutions that were not as compact: the CRM and the ERP modules were segregated. However, with Dynamics 365 implementation, you can get all the functionalities under the same roof.
What variations of Microsoft Dynamics 365 are available in the market?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is available in two versions. One is meant to serve small to medium-sized businesses and is call Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central; and the other covers the features and functionalities of medium to large-sized businesses and is called Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise edition.
What are the apps that Microsoft Dynamics 365 integrates with?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is as effective and efficient as a product line of business solutions because of its advanced customization and integration facilities.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 has various applications that are dedicated to support the relevant features and functionalities of different business modules. Depending on the respective modules, there are different apps that Microsoft Dynamics 365 integrates with.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration is an elaborate process that involves a variety of partner apps.
What are the deployment options for Microsoft Dynamics 365?
When it comes to Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation for its Enterprise edition you can choose between on-premises or cloud deployment options. The cloud deployment provides for an ERP solution, controlled entirely by Microsoft, whereas the on-premise version is deployed within the data-centre of the client, locally.
The Business Central edition of Dynamics 365 implementation, again, offers two deployment options. One is the on-premise deployment that can be conducted on the client’s server, on Azure or, in a data centre. The other one is again a cloud-based deployment that can be subscribed on a monthly fees basis.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365?
- With the facility of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration, clients can enjoy seamless streamlining of different business modules, which results into better output.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration also includes connecting with business intelligence and analytics, which provides the clients with valuable insights.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows the users to access well analyzed customer data which shortens the sales cycle and empowers them to provide their customers with customized and intuitive experience.
- Dynamics 365 provides the clients with a process driven user interface. This enables them to take care of cases on individual basis, resulting in an enhanced customer service and social engagement.
- The system also provides for a speedy scalability, enhances mobility, reliable security, and improved accessibility and it supports advanced investment infrastructure.